A SWEET N SAVORY CAFE
Christmas Day Dinner
kids under 5/free
All meals served family style
all food served on common platters; all you care to eat
simply let your server know what you want
we’ll keep bringing it to you until you ask us to stop
- Classic Italian Porchetta - pork belly wrapped marinated pork loin stuffed with garlic and Italian herbs served with pork jus lie
- Herb-garlic marinated roasted Leg of Lamb with mint scented demi
- Seafood Cioppino - local fish, shrimp, littleneck clams and mussels in a rich tomato-fennel fish stew
- Vegetable Lasagna
- Wild mushroom risotto
- Mediterranean spiced couscous
- Roasted red potatoes
- House made garlic bread
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Braised Swiss chard with bacon and garlic
- Sautéed garlic green beans
- Flourless chocolate torte with assorted mousse
- Key lime pie
- Seasonal fruit cobbler ala mode
- Our dinner rolls with whipped honey butter
- Soft drinks, coffee and iced tea included
***We will make every effort to seat your party at the reserved time.***
***however, due to space limitations and inconsistent dining times.***
***we cannot guarantee that you will be seated exactly at your reserved time.***
***We reserve the right to add an 18% gratuity to all parties.***
A few answers to some frequently asked questions.
- What is Family Style? – We bring out the food on platters like you would at your home. We do this on Thanksgiving and Christmas to provide a feeling of being at home.
- How are orders taken? – Your server has the same list in from of him/her as you do and will ask by a show of hands who likes what on the menu in order to determine how much of each dish to start you with.
- Is it all you can eat? – Yes, it is all you can eat. We will bring you out plenty to get started and will keep on bringing you more until you say stop. Remember to save room for dessert!!
- What about leftovers? – Rather than throw away leftover food from your table, we will be happy to box up any leftovers for you providing that this policy has not intentionally abused. If you are too full at the end of your meal, we will be happy to box up your desserts to go for you.
- Can I order alcohol? – Absolutely!! Enjoy some Christmas cheer. We offer full bar service, beer, and the largest wine list in Wilmington with over 650 different wines at retail bottle prices every day. Alcohol is NOT included in the price of the meal.
- Are non alcoholic beverages included? – Yes, they are included. We offer Coke products, sweet and unsweet tea, whole and 1% milk, OJ, apple juice, cranberry juice, hot black and green tea and regular and decaf coffee.
- How do you get staff to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas? – We try very hard not to force anyone to work on either Thanksgiving or Christmas Day. We offer time and a half pay on Thanksgiving and double time on Christmas and take volunteers first. If we can’t fully staff for the day with volunteers, we bring in some extra people to help us for the day and only force staff to work as a last resort.
- How long have you been open on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day? – We’ve been doing both holiday family style dinners since 2011.
- How many people will you feed today? – Somewhere between 500-600 based on the current bookings. We cook constantly throughout the day to make sure everything is served fresh. The last hams and lamb won’t be coming out of the ovens until after 6pm.
- Is gratuity included? – gratuity is NOT included in the price. We ask that you please take care of your server appropriately.